Too many businesses are run on a patchwork of unaligned operating systems and ineffective tools, leading to unhealthy teams and disappointing results. But owners don’t have to accept not getting what they want from their business. There is an alternative to frustration and mediocrity. Running your business on one operating system, EOS®, will transform your business and life.
What Is EOS®?
The Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) is a set of simple, practical, real world tools that business owners and leaders can install to run their business on one holistic and aligned business operating system.
The EOS Model™ illustrates the six key components of any business:
- Vision: Your organization will never get anywhere if you don’t know where you are going and how you are going to get there.
- People: Jim Collins said it best when great organizations need the right people in the right seats.
- Data: Ineffective organizations are flying blind without objective predictive data that allows to assess whether they are making progress toward long-term goals.
- Issues: Successful teams identify the root cause of their issues, discuss those issues, and then solve those issues.
- Process: Organizations that combine consistency and standardization in core processes, along with a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and discipline achieve great results. Companies that allow everyone to do it their own way and recreate the wheel are ineffective and less profitable than they should be.
- Traction®: Great organizations achieve their most important goals on a quarterly and annual basis. Installing healthy discipline and accountability leads to Traction®.
Why does EOS® Transform Businesses?
Following are just five of the many reasons EOS® radically changes businesses for the better:
- A laser focus on results: From the 10-Year Target™, to the 3-Year Picture™, to the 1-Year Plan, and Quarterly Rocks, organizations that install EOS become laser focused on achieving what is most important.
- Smokes out all of the issues: As organizations become stronger in each of the six key components, their issues have nowhere to hide as they are smoked out into the open. Then the “IDS™” discipline ensures issues’ root cause is identified, there is appropriate discussion to consider alternative solutions, before selecting the better option to solve the issue.
- Proven, real world tools: EOS® was created by a lifelong entrepreneur, Gino Wickman, and was developed and refined in the real world of entrepreneurial businesses.
- Less is more: EOS® always strives to deliver a great deal of return by utilizing as few tools as possible. For instance, to help ensure an organization has the right people in the right seats, only two tools are needed – the People Analyzer™ and the Accountability Chart.
- Amplifies the uniqueness of each business: While the EOS® tools and process are standardized, the outcomes and results are unique to the context and situation of each company. EOS® brings standard questions and process; companies installing EOS® bring their unique answers.
You can’t run your business on multiple operating systems – you must choose one. As you reflect on the competing systems that are running your business, would you achieve more of what you want if your business was ran on EOS®?
- Purchase and read “Traction” by Gino Wickman.
- Visit navigatethejourney.com and schedule a call with us for a complimentary Company, Team or Leader diagnostic.
About the Author
Tom is a Professional EOS Implementer and the CEO of Navigate the Journey, a firm that specializes in helping the owners of digital agencies, web development and creative service firms improve at the company, team and individual leader levels.