Too many agencies are run on a patchwork of unaligned business operating systems and ineffective tools, leading to unhealthy teams and disappointing results. It is as if all the arrows, representing the agency’s people, processes, strategies, marketing efforts, expectations, and culture are all pointed in different directions, often working at cross-purposes to each other:
The result of such misalignment is frustration particularly for the owners as they are not getting what they want from their business and life.
There is an alternative to such frustration and mediocrity. Running your digital company on one operating system, EOS®, will transform your business and life. The ‘arrows’ all line up:
What Is EOS®?
The Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) is a set of simple, practical, real world tools that agency owners and leaders can install to run their company on one holistic and aligned business operating system.
The EOS Model™ illustrates the six key components necessary to optimize the performance of digital agencies:
- Vision: Your agency will never get anywhere if you don’t know where you are going and how you are going to get there.
- People: Jim Collins said it best when great organizations need the right people in the right seats.
- Data: Ineffective agencies are flying blind without objective predictive data that allows to assess whether they are making progress toward long-term goals.
- Issues: Successful teams identify the root cause of their issues, discuss those issues, and then solve those issues.
- Process: Agencies that combine consistency and standardization in core processes, along with a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and discipline achieve great results. Digital companies that allow everyone to do it their own way and recreate the wheel are ineffective and less profitable than they should be.
- Traction®: Great agencies achieve their most important goals on a quarterly and annual basis. Installing healthy discipline and accountability leads to Traction®.
Why does EOS® Transform Digital Companies?
Following are just five of the many reasons EOS® radically changes businesses for the better:
- A laser focus on results: From the 10-Year Target™, to the 3-Year Picture™, to the 1-Year Plan, and Quarterly Rocks, agencies that install EOS become laser focused on achieving what is most important.
- Smokes out all of the issues: As digital companies become stronger in each of the six key components, their issues have nowhere to hide as they are smoked out into the open. Then the “IDS™” discipline ensures issues’ root cause is identified, there is appropriate discussion to consider alternative solutions, before selecting the better option to solve the issue.
- Proven, real world tools: EOS® was created by a lifelong entrepreneur, Gino Wickman, and was developed and refined in the real world of entrepreneurial businesses.
- Less is more: EOS® always strives to deliver a great deal of return by utilizing as few tools as possible. For instance, to help ensure agencies have the right people in the right seats, only two tools are needed – the People Analyzer™ and the Accountability Chart.
- Amplifies the uniqueness of each agency: While the EOS® tools and process are standardized, the outcomes and results are unique to the context and situation of each digital company. EOS® brings standard questions and process; agencies installing EOS® bring their unique answers.
You can’t run your digital agency on multiple operating systems – you must choose one. As you reflect on the competing systems that are running your business, would you achieve more of what you want if your business was ran on EOS®?
- Visit navigatethejourney.com and schedule a call with us for a complimentary Company, Team or Leader diagnostic.
About the Author
Tom is a Professional EOS Implementer and the CEO of Navigate the Journey, a firm that specializes in helping the owners of digital agencies, web development and creative service firms improve at the company, team and individual leader levels.